Memorandum of understanding
This agreement outlines the nature of the relationship between Robsack Wood Teaching School Alliance (TSA), Leaders in Education (SLE, NLE, LLE), the school/academy directly employing the SLE, NLE, LLE (hereafter described in this document as the home school), and the client school, and clarifies the expectation and responsibility of each party.
TSA Responsibilities and Protocols
As the organisation designated by the National College (funding agent) to manage the Teaching School, Robsack Wood TSA will :-
Human Resources and Training
- Provide training and support to NLE, LLE and SLE as required by the National College/funding agent.
- Advertise the services of each SLE, LLE and NLE widely, via various mediums.
Deployment of SLE
- Deal with requests for support from client schools in a particular area of expertise in a fair and equitable manner. This will involve making initial contact with headteachers/principals of each home school that employs a Leader in Education within that particular area of expertise. Only if and when permission is granted will the Leader of Education be contacted. It is then the choice of the client school as to which Leader of Education is deployed.
- Deal with requests for support from individual named Leaders of Education in a similar manner as above, by making initial contact with the Headteacher/principal of the home school.
- Act as a broker between the home school and the client school and ensure that all parties are clear from the outset what the nature of the deployment is.
- Ensure that all communication regarding deployment will be via email and will be copied to the Headteacher/Principal of the home school and the TSA.
Insurance and Health and Safety
- Ensure that adequate insurance is in place to protect all parties in the event of injury or accident, or litigation.
- Pay any invoices raised by the home school for the Leader of Education within 28 days from the date of the invoice. The client school will be charged the cost of the Leader of Education per day.
- Draw up a quality assurance document for each Leader of Education deployment, which will record details of timescale, length and number of visits, type of work to be undertaken, anticipated outcomes, charging method and cost.
- Provide a quality assurance system to monitor each Leader of Education and each deployment.
Responsibilities and Protocols
To ensure the quality and effectiveness of each Leader of Education deployment, the Leader of Education will:-
Human Resources and Training
- Undertake an enhanced CRB check every 3 years.
- Have a full understanding and recent training (ie within the last 3 years) of child protection issues.
- Be prepared to attend any mandatory training as required by the TSA or National College.
Deployment of NLE, LLE and SLE
- Be willing to undertake outreach work up to 15 days per annum.
Insurance and Health & Safety
- Be aware of the client school Health and Safety procedures and policies.
- Ensure that their school finance team is aware of when and how much to invoice the TSA in a timely manner.
- Agree to the QA document for each deployment, which will record details of timescale, length and number of visits, type of work to be undertaken, anticipated outcomes, charging method and cost.